Texas State Historical Association
Database Specialist/Facilities Coordinator
Title: Database Specialist/Facilities Coordinator
Type: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Administration & Accounting
Category: Program/Professional Staff
Location: Denton, Texas – Must be willing to relocate.
Texas State Historical Association, the oldest learned society in the state, is looking for a Database Specialist/Facilities Coordinator. The Database Specialist/Facilities Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the Raiser’s Edge and Cat’s Pajamas databases. Also, responsible for coordinating facility needs, contacting appropriate persons for issue resolution.
Skills Required: Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge database, Microsoft Excel and Word. Strong technical and problem solving skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; maintain confidentiality; ability to work independently and as part of a team simultaneously on multiple tasks and variety of projects; prioritize, and manage deadlines.
Work Experience: College degree preferred. Minimum three years of database experience with Raiser’s Edge. Experience with Cat’s Pajamas publication inventory database preferred.
General Job Duties Include:
· Process membership, publication sales, event, program and registration daily revenue transactions
· Update publication inventory software, Cat’s Pajamas, daily for all publication sales
· Responsible for database integrity and data entry
· Provides documentation for mail clerk to complete order fulfillment
· Maintains membership notifications for renewal and other membership campaign notices
· Strong customer service orientation: responsible for professional assistance to members and the general public
with questions regarding membership, registrations or purchases
· Provides backup for front desk phone duties daily for lunch and other times as necessary
· Maintains profile updates in Raiser’s Edge and ensures accuracy of data keeping current membership contact information up to date
· Process monthly Raiser’s Edge reconciliations
· Coordinate facility needs contacting appropriate persons to resolve facility problems such as HVAC, restroom,
phone system, staff IT issues, and other matters as they arise.
Submit a professional cover letter, resume and transcripts to Renona Palone at Renona.email@example.com for consideration before 5:00p.m. 02/06/2015.