2013 Annual Meeting Highlights
The Texas State Historical Association
One Hundred and Seventeenth Annual Meeting
February 28 - March 2, 2013
Worthington Renaissance Hotel
Fort Worth, Texas
Come to Cowtown and discover the latest research for the work you do in regional, state, and local Texas history!
Meet with new and experienced history professionals during three days of networking, tours, events, and professional development that will expand your knowledge, energize you, and help you make the connections between the past and the present.
Chaired by Carl Moneyhon, the Program Committee has constructed an excellent meeting program with 41 sessions on all aspects of Texas history, including Texas Borderlands, women, African Americans and the Civil War. Click here to preview the program.
Registration is now closed. You may register onsite beginning February 28.
Registration hours are as follows:
- February 28 - 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- March 1 - 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- March 2 - 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Laura McLemore will present "Adele Looscan and the TSHA" during the Women in Texas History Luncheon on Thursday at noon.
- Thomas H. Kreneck and Gerald Saxon will present "Collecting Texas" at the Book Lovers' and Texana Collectors' Breakfast on Friday at 7:30 am.
- Char Miller will present on the topic of a facet of water conservation in Texas at the Fellows and Awards Luncheon on Friday at noon.
- TSHA Publication
- Handbook of Texas
The Worthington Renaissance Hotel is located in Sundance Square with many options for dining. Click here for a listing.
From Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW):
Yellow Checker Shuttle travels every 20 minutes for a fee of $27. Reservations may be made by calling 817-267-5150 or online at www.yellowcheckershuttle.com.
Local Arrangements Committee
We would like to thank our local arrangements committee for all their hard work putting together the 2013 Annual Meeting: Chair Paula Tyler, Joyce Capper, Doug Harman, Nancy Paup, Gene Smith, and Mary Volcansek.