Bookmark and Share
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

Baylor University dedicates Armstrong Browning Library

December
03
1951

On this day in 1951, the Armstrong Browning Library was dedicated. This facility at Baylor University holds Andrew Joseph Armstrong's personal collection of Browning materials, which he donated to the university when he joined the faculty. The library has 2,000 original letters and other manuscripts written by and to English poets Robert and Elizabeth Barrett Browning. The collection also includes all of the first editions of both poets and most of the books, periodical articles, pamphlets, and other publications that deal with them. Primary and secondary materials for the use of scholars are constantly being added to the collection.

Related Handbook Articles: