T BAR RANCH
T BAR RANCH. John and Margaret Fleming moved to San Saba County in 1856, when John purchased 640 acres of ranchland. Eventually the Flemings held as much as 6,000 acres. In 1874 the T Bar brand was registered by Margaret Fleming, and in 1890 the Flemings sold the ranch and the brand to fellow rancher Tom A. Sloan. The Sloan family in 1948 still ran about 400 head of T Bar cattle on the ranch in San Saba County.
Gus L. Ford, ed., Texas Cattle Brands (Dallas: Cockrell, 1936). San Saba County History (San Saba, Texas: San Saba County Historical Commission, 1983).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."T BAR RANCH," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/apt02), accessed December 26, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.