GUMPUSA INDIANS. The Gumpusa (Campusa) Indians were Coahuiltecan Indians who are known through a single 1794 report from Nuestra Señora del Espíritu Santo de Zúñiga Mission near Goliad. In this report they are identified as a subdivision of the Aranama Indians, and it is stated that at that time only twelve remained.
Esteban L. Portillo, Apuntes para la historia antigua de Coahuila y Texas (Saltillo: Tipografía "El Golfo de México" de Severo Fernández, 1886).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Thomas N. Campbell, "GUMPUSA INDIANS," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/bmg16), accessed June 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.