ANACHOREMA VILLAGE. The Anachorema Indian village was visited by René Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle, in 1687 and was located northeast of Fort St. Louis, possibly on the Colorado River.
Frederick Webb Hodge, ed., Handbook of American Indians North of Mexico (2 vols., Washington: GPO, 1907, 1910; rpt., New York: Pageant, 1959).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."ANACHOREMA VILLAGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/bpa02), accessed August 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.