PALOMAS INDIAN VILLAGE
PALOMAS INDIAN VILLAGE. Palomas, a large Indian village near the River of the Canoes (the Trinity River), was visited by René Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle, in 1687.
Frederick Webb Hodge, ed., Handbook of American Indians North of Mexico (2 vols., Washington: GPO, 1907, 1910; rpt., New York: Pageant, 1959).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Margery H. Krieger, "PALOMAS INDIAN VILLAGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/bpp01), accessed April 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.