PANEQUO VILLAGE. Panequo (Panego), an Indian village or group name, was mentioned to Henri Joutel by the Ebahamos in 1687. The Panequos were located north or northwest of the Colorado River and may have been the same as the Pamoques.
Frederick Webb Hodge, ed., Handbook of American Indians North of Mexico (2 vols., Washington: GPO, 1907, 1910; rpt., New York: Pageant, 1959). Henri Joutel, Joutel's Journal of La Salle's Last Voyage (London: Lintot, 1719; rpt., New York: Franklin, 1968).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Margery H. Krieger, "PANEQUO VILLAGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/bpp02), accessed March 12, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.