SAN JOSE DE AYAMONTE PUEBLO
SAN JOSÉ DE AYAMONTE PUEBLO. San José de Ayamonte, the Indian pueblo attached to San José de los Nazonis Mission in what later became Nacogdoches County, was reorganized and named by Martín de Alarcón on his inspection tour of Texas in 1718.
Carlos E. Castañeda, Our Catholic Heritage in Texas (7 vols., Austin: Von Boeckmann-Jones, 1936–58; rpt., New York: Arno, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."SAN JOSE DE AYAMONTE PUEBLO," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/bps07), accessed September 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.