TEXAS JOURNAL OF EDUCATION
TEXAS JOURNAL OF EDUCATION. During the nineteenth century three separate publications used the name Texas Journal of Education. The first time it appeared was for a proposed monthly publication by the state educational convention in 1854. In 1880 Orlando N. Hollingsworth used the title for his magazine based in Austin. Hollingsworth was the editor as well as the publisher, and Mrs. Hollingsworth acted as assistant editor. The publication ran for two years, and in 1883 it merged with another educational magazine, the Texas School Journal. In 1889 the Texas Journal of Education Company began publishing the third periodical. The owners of this publication included J. M. Fendly, J. L. Long, Elbridge G. Littlejohn, Thomas Conyngton, Hugh Conyngton, and H. Lee Sellers. This version ceased publication in 1891.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Tracé Etienne-Gray, "TEXAS JOURNAL OF EDUCATION," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/edt05), accessed October 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.