BURNET BULLETIN. The Burnet Bulletin, a weekly newspaper first published in January 1873, was edited until 1874 by George Whitaker. According to other sources, T. A. Stone may have founded and first edited the paper as the Burnet County Exponent, then sold it to Whitaker, who changed the name. Subsequent publishers included C. W. Miller, Charles M. Harris and Company (1875), Swift Ogle and Company (1876), S. L. McFarland and James Kibbee (1876), and James Kibbee (1877). C. W. Macune, Charles M. Harris, and Swift Ogle were successive editors. Ogle became editor and owner in 1878 but disappeared with some of the paper's funds in 1879, after which Capt. T. E. Hammond served as editor with financial assistance from Gen. Adam R. Johnson. James A. Stevens ran the paper from 1880 to 1898, when it was acquired by L. C. and Hardee (J. H.) Chamberlain, in whose family it remained until 1960. Ward Lowe, D. C. (Chester) Kincheloe, Lowell C. Welch, Ted C. Polk, and Mr. and Mrs. George Puckett of the Bluebonnet Publishing Company published the paper between 1961 and 1975. Another weekly paper known as the Bulletin and Bertram Enterprise was published briefly by Mr. and Mrs. Ted Polk and Mrs. Marvin Dodd in 1974. The weekly Burnet County Bulletin appeared from 1974 to 1987 and the Bulletin and Marble Falls Messenger after February of the latter year. Former Dallas newsman Tom Graham and associates purchased the paper in 1981 but sold it later that year to Mac B. McKinnon. In the 1990s the paper was published by Rick Espitia and had a circulation of 3,550.
Texas Newspaper Directory (Austin: Texas Press Service, 1991).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "BURNET BULLETIN," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eeb12), accessed April 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.