DALLAS JOURNAL. The Dallas Journal, a six-day afternoon newspaper, was established on April 1, 1914, by Alfred H. Belo and Company, publishers of the Dallas Morning News, with Tom Finty, Jr., as editor, Harry Clay Withers as city editor, and Hilton R. Greerqqv as chief editorial writer. Its strong editorial page was later edited by Lynn W. Landrum. Both in news coverage and editorial positions, this spritely journalistic enterprise was concerned mainly with local and state affairs, although it was an early advocate of a league of nations to promote world peace. It was sold on July 1, 1938, to Karl Hoblitzelleqv and Alfred O. Andersson of Dallas, who consolidated it with the Dallas Dispatch under the name of Dispatch-Journal. The name reverted to Dallas Dispatch when the paper was sold on December 1, 1939, to James M. West of Houston, whose heirs discontinued its publication in 1942.
WPA Historical Records Survey Program, Texas Newspapers (Houston: San Jacinto Museum of History Association, 1941).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Sam Hanna Acheson, "DALLAS JOURNAL," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eed11), accessed December 18, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.