Bookmark and Share
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

GALVESTON DAILY ADVERTISER

GALVESTON DAILY ADVERTISER. The Daily Advertiser appeared first on November 1, 1841, with Andrew Janeway Yates as editor. The paper was suspended after a few issues but was revived on January 12, 1842, when James Burke was the editor. It was permanently discontinued in May 1842. The Advertiser was printed at the office of the Galveston National Intelligencer.

BIBLIOGRAPHY: 

Joe B. Frantz, Newspapers of the Republic of Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940). Mary Glasscock Frazier, Texas Newspapers during the Republic (March 2, 1836-February 19, 1846) (M. Journ. thesis, University of Texas, 1931). John Melton Wallace, Gaceta to Gazette: A Checklist of Texas Newspapers, 1813–1846 (Austin: University of Texas Department of Journalism, 1966). WPA Historical Records Survey Program, Texas Newspapers (Houston: San Jacinto Museum of History Association, 1941).

Citation

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.

"GALVESTON DAILY ADVERTISER," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eeggm), accessed July 13, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.