Bookmark and Share
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

HARRISON TIMES

HARRISON TIMES. The Harrison Times, a weekly newspaper at Marshall, probably began publication in February 1844 and continued in operation until October or November 1845, when its files and equipment were taken over by the local Soda Lake Herald.

BIBLIOGRAPHY: 

Joe B. Frantz, Newspapers of the Republic of Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940). Douglas C. McMurtrie, "Pioneer Printing in Texas," Southwestern Historical Quarterly 35 (January 1932). WPA Historical Records Survey Program, Texas Newspapers (Houston: San Jacinto Museum of History Association, 1941).

Citation

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.

"HARRISON TIMES," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eeh01), accessed September 02, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.
<