SABINE ADVOCATE. The Sabine Advocate, edited by a man named Shelton, was first published weekly at Pulaski, Harrison County, in May 1842 by S. P. January and Company and may have been discontinued in August of that year. In January 1843 the San Augustine Red-Lander noted that the Advocate was being resurrected by L. A. W. Laird as the Marshall Review, with Shelton as senior editor.
Joe B. Frantz, Newspapers of the Republic of Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940). Mary Glasscock Frazier, Texas Newspapers during the Republic (March 2, 1836–February 19, 1846) (M. Journ. thesis, University of Texas, 1931). Marilyn M. Sibley, Lone Stars and State Gazettes: Texas Newspapers before the Civil War (College Station: Texas A&M University Press, 1983).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."SABINE ADVOCATE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/ees01), accessed May 24, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.