CISCO AND NORTHEASTERN RAILWAY
CISCO AND NORTHEASTERN RAILWAY. The Cisco and Northeastern Railway Company was chartered on December 4, 1918, to build seventy miles from Cisco in Eastland County to Graham in Young County. The capital was $500,000, and the business office was located at Cisco. Members of the first board of directors included Robert Q. Lee, William Reagan, E. B. Gude, D. K. Scott, G. D. Ward, A. J. Ward, C. H. Fee, J. J. Butts, J. R. Skinner, and J. W. Mancill, all from Eastland County. The road completed twenty-eight miles from Cisco to Breckenridge between August 1919 and October 1920, during the height of the Ranger oil boom. It paid 7.15 percent on capital stock, but all surplus was reinvested in the property. The Texas and Pacific bought a controlling interest in the road at the book value of $160 per share in January 1927. However, the Cisco and Northeastern continued to operate as a separate company and completed an additional thirty-seven miles from Breckenridge to Throckmorton in April 1928. The road ceased operations in 1942.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.S. G. Reed, "CISCO AND NORTHEASTERN RAILWAY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eqc12), accessed August 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.