GAINESVILLE, HENRIETTA AND WESTERN RAILWAY
GAINESVILLE, HENRIETTA AND WESTERN RAILWAY. The Gainesville, Henrietta and Western Railway Company was chartered on July 23, 1886, to build from Gainesville in Cooke County to the center of Baylor County, about 130 miles. The initial capital for the company was $1,950,000, and the business office was in Gainesville. Members of the first board of directors included J. W. T. Gray and H. A. Reives of Henrietta; G. J. Gooch of Houston; H. M. Hoxie and D. S. H. Smith of St. Louis, Missouri; J. Herrin and N. W. Hunter of Palestine; and J. M. Daugherty and J. M. Lindsay of Gainesville. On April 30, 1887, the company completed a line from Gainesville to Henrietta, about seventy miles. The line was sold to the Missouri, Kansas and Texas on January 25, 1887, and became part of the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railway Company of Texas on November 18, 1891.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Chris Cravens, "GAINESVILLE, HENRIETTA AND WESTERN RAILWAY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eqg01), accessed October 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.