KILDARE AND LINDEN RAILWAY
KILDARE AND LINDEN RAILWAY. The Kildare and Linden Railway was primarily an unchartered facility of the Jefferson Lumber Company. However, the railroad provided common carrier service on its thirteen miles of track between Linden, county seat of Cass County, and Kildare, on the Texas and Pacific Railway. The narrow gauge railroad opened on February 1, 1889, and was reportedly abandoned in 1900.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.S. G. Reed, "KILDARE AND LINDEN RAILWAY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eqk08), accessed June 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.