LAKE CREEK RAILROAD
LAKE CREEK RAILROAD. The Lake Creek Railroad Company was chartered on August 8, 1884, with a capitol stock of $50,000 and headquarters in Montgomery. The members of the first board of directors were F. A. Rice of Houston and R. T. Hardesty, O. Hamilton, J. E. McComb, J. L. Irion, H. B. Rice, and H. H. Simmons of Montgomery. In 1885 the line extended eight miles, from Montgomery to Hawthicket in Montgomery County, and had two locomotives and twenty cars. The Lake Creek was strictly a tram road used by Montgomery Mill and Lumber Company. It was dropped from the list of Texas common carrier railroads by the Railroad Commission, and by 1896 the track had been abandoned.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.S. G. Reed, "LAKE CREEK RAILROAD," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eql02), accessed June 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.