WARREN AND CORSICANA PACIFIC RAILWAY
WARREN AND CORSICANA PACIFIC RAILWAY. The Warren and Corsicana Pacific Railway Company was chartered on November 23, 1899, to build a line from Warren in Tyler County to Corsicana in Navarro County, a distance of 100 miles. The initial capital was set at $100,000, and the business office was in Houston. Members of the first board of directors included James T. Campbell, Ira Lee Campbell, and Y. W. McNeil, all of Harris County; James N. Johnson of Tyler County; and C. M. Campbell of Bell County. The company called itself the "Long Leaf Route" and began operating eighteen miles of track between Warren and Campwood on January 1, 1900. In 1903 the company owned five locomotives, one passenger car, and eighty-five freight cars and earned $904 in passenger revenue, $34,281 in freight revenue, and $1,709 in other revenue. The line was a logging tram road, and the Railroad Commission dropped the company from its list of common carriers in 1908.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Chris Cravens, "WARREN AND CORSICANA PACIFIC RAILWAY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/eqw04), accessed September 02, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.