KELLY'S STAGE STAND
KELLY'S STAGE STAND. Kelly's Stage Stand, at the Ecleto Creek crossing of the San Antonio-Victoria road in northeastern Karnes County, was a way station for stages from the 1850s to about 1871. It was operated by Riley A. Kelly and became the nucleus of the settlement of Ecleto before the post office and livery stable were moved to Riddleville in 1871.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert H. Thonhoff, "KELLY'S STAGE STAND," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/erk01), accessed September 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.