ROUNTREE'S STAGE STAND
ROUNTREE'S STAGE STAND. Rountree's Stage Stand was at the headquarters of the J. F. Rountree ranch three miles west of Fashing in eastern Atascosa County. In the late 1870s the Rountrees operated a livery stable and cafe for the Corpus Christi and Brownsville stages of the San Antonio and Rio Grande Stage Company. In 1879 the Rountree Stage Stand was the only stage stop along the San Patricio Trail between Fairview and Oakville.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert H. Thonhoff, "ROUNTREE'S STAGE STAND," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/err02), accessed August 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.