HARVEY, WILLIAM (?–?). William Harvey, one of Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred colonists, received title to a league of land on the west bank of the Brazos River in what is now northeastern Austin County on July 20, 1824. The census of 1826 classified him as a farmer and stock raiser, a single man aged between forty and fifty.
Lester G. Bugbee, "The Old Three Hundred: A List of Settlers in Austin's First Colony," Quarterly of the Texas State Historical Association 1 (October 1897).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."HARVEY, WILLIAM," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/fhaan), accessed April 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.