JOHNSON, HENRY W.
JOHNSON, HENRY W. (?–?). Henry W. Johnson, one of Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred colonists, was a partner of Thomas H. Borden and Thomas Walker.qqv The three received title to a sitio now in Brazoria County on July 29, 1824. Johnson's name did not appear in the census of 1826. In February 1830 Thomas Barnett notified Johnson and others interested in land adjoining that of Elizabeth Tumlinson to appear before the ayuntamiento to give information on improvements on their lands. The ayuntamiento reported on March 1, 1830, that Johnson's land had not been cultivated and that he was not a resident of the colony.
Eugene C. Barker, ed., "Minutes of the Ayuntamiento of San Felipe de Austin, 1828–1832," 12 parts, Southwestern Historical Quarterly 21–24 (January 1918-October 1920). Lester G. Bugbee, "The Old Three Hundred: A List of Settlers in Austin's First Colony," Quarterly of the Texas State Historical Association 1 (October 1897). Texas Gazette, February 6, 1830.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."JOHNSON, HENRY W.," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/fjo11), accessed September 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.