ROBINSON, GEORGE (1798–1843). George Robinson, one of Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred colonists, was born in Tipton County, Tennessee, on January 12, 1798, and arrived in Texas by November 28, 1823, when he subscribed twenty bushels of corn to raise funds to send Erasmo Seguínqv as Texas deputy to the Mexican Congress. Robinson received title to a sitio of land in what is now Brazoria County on July 8, 1824. On February 2, 1825, he wrote Austin requesting an additional half-league, preferably on the San Bernard River, and reported that his father was on his way to join the colony in Texas. The census of 1826 classified Robinson as a farmer and stock raiser, aged between twenty-five and forty. He served in the Texas army, was a sheriff, and lived in Fayette County. His household included his wife, Lucinda (Galloway), seven sons, and a daughter. In February 1830 he took over operation of the ferry at San Felipe de Austin. Robinson died on February 20, 1843.
Daughters of the Republic of Texas, Founders and Patriots of the Republic of Texas (Austin, 1963-). Vertical Files, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."ROBINSON, GEORGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/fro36), accessed May 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.