WRIGHT, DAVID (?–?). David Wright, early settler, settled in Robertson's colony prior to November 15, 1830, when he was nominated by the ayuntamiento of San Felipe as a representative to meet deputies from the legislature of Coahuila and Texas to discuss needs for his district. He was also appointed by the ayuntamiento as a member of the board of health from the upper settlements on the Brazos River and Mill Creek. He represented the Alfred District (present Colorado County) in the Convention of 1832. On June 1, 1835, he received title to a league of land on the banks of the North San Gabriel River in the area of present Williamson County, two miles north of the site of modern Georgetown. In 1835 he was sent by his friend Sterling C. Robertson to escort young Elijah S. C. Robertson back from school in San Antonio to the settlement at the falls of the Brazos. On October 4, 1842, Wright sold some beeves to the Matagorda Volunteers bound to assist in the expelling of the Adrián Woll invasion.
Texas House of Representatives, Biographical Directory of the Texan Conventions and Congresses, 1832–1845 (Austin: Book Exchange, 1941).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."WRIGHT, DAVID," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/fwr03), accessed December 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.