STARR MANSION STATE HISTORICAL PARK
STARR MANSION STATE HISTORICAL PARK. Starr Mansion State Historical Park is located at 407 W. Travis Street in Marshall in Harrison County. The house, sometimes referred to as Maplecroft, was built by New Orleans shipwrights for James Franklin Starr in 1870. Built in the Greek Revival Style, the two-story frame house was home to five generations of the Starr family and has remained virtually unaltered to the present. In 1976 the house and four outbuildings were donated to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department; additional land was donated in 1982. The structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
Ray Miller, Texas Parks (Houston: Cordovan, 1984).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "STARR MANSION STATE HISTORICAL PARK," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/ghs04), accessed December 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.