CADDO LAKE STATE PARK
CADDO LAKE STATE PARK. Caddo Lake State Park, on Caddo Lake sixteen miles northeast of Marshall in Harrison County, comprises 478 acres, including an abandoned thirty-acre log pond. The park was first proposed in 1924, but progress was slow until the 1930s. Between 1933 and 1937 various individuals donated land; most notably, Thomas Jefferson Taylor IIqv gave 385 acres. The park has picnicking, camping, boating, and fishing facilities, as well as nature and hiking trails. It also has a visitor center and museum with interpretive displays of Indian artifacts, pictures and specimens of native fish, wildlife, and birds, and wood samples of prominent trees of the region.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vernen Liles and Marjorie Seidel, "CADDO LAKE STATE PARK," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/gkc02), accessed November 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.