CEDAR HILL STATE PARK
CEDAR HILL STATE PARK. Cedar Hill State Park is on Farm Road 1382 and the northeastern shore of Joe Pool Lake, ten miles southwest of Dallas in southwestern Dallas County. The land is owned by the United States Army Corps of Engineers. It was first settled by the John Penn family, and during the 1990s the Penn farm structures were undergoing restoration. The 1,850-acre park is operated by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. It opened in May 1991 and has 335 camping sites in five camping areas: Shady Ridge, Eagle Ford, Lakeview, Hog Wallow, and Coyote Crossing. The park also has boat ramps, picnic areas, swimming areas, and fishing jetties. It is set in rolling hills with wooded areas of cedar, elm, Ashe juniper, and mesquite. Some tall-grass prairie is also present.
Dallas Morning News, April 30, 1991. Texas Parks and Wildlife, August 1991.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Matthew Hayes Nall, "CEDAR HILL STATE PARK," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/gkcww), accessed July 13, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.