BURLESON COUNTY (JUDICIAL)
BURLESON COUNTY (Judicial). Burleson County was established for judicial and other purposes on January 15, 1842. It included all of what is now Burleson County and the northwest portion of what is now Lee County. Caldwell was named the county seat. A few weeks afterwards a Texas Supreme Court decision, Stockton v. Montgomery (1842), declared all judicial counties unconstitutional. The present Burleson County was established in 1846.
James Wilmer Dallam, A Digest of the Laws of Texas (Baltimore: Toy, 1845). Hans Peter Nielsen Gammel, comp., Laws of Texas, 1822–1897 (10 vols., Austin: Gammel, 1898).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Seymour V. Connor, "BURLESON COUNTY (JUDICIAL)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcb51), accessed December 04, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.