GUADALUPE COUNTY (JUDICIAL)
GUADALUPE COUNTY (JUDICIAL). Guadalupe County was established for judicial and other purposes on January 29, 1842. It included most of what is now Guadalupe County and parts of Blanco, Caldwell, Hays, Comal, and Kendall counties. Guadalupe County was abolished by a state Supreme Court decision, Stockton v. Montgomery (1842), which declared judicial counties unconstitutional. The present Guadalupe County was established in 1846.
James Wilmer Dallam, A Digest of the Laws of Texas (Baltimore: Toy, 1845). Hans Peter Nielsen Gammel, comp., Laws of Texas, 1822–1897 (10 vols., Austin: Gammel, 1898).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Seymour V. Connor, "GUADALUPE COUNTY (JUDICIAL)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcg51), accessed May 23, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.