PINEHURST, TX (ORANGE COUNTY)
PINEHURST, TEXAS (Orange County). Pinehurst is on Interstate Highway 10 and State Highway 62/73, twenty miles east of Beaumont in central Orange County. John B. Lea and Mrs. Georgia Spooner owned the tract, which they platted in 1948. The area, originally known as Pinehurst Heights, became a residential and retail community. Pinehurst voters agreed to incorporate in 1955 by a 109–89 margin, and they defeated an attempt to abolish the corporation the following year. Pinehurst had a population of 1,703 in 1960, 3,055 in 1980, and 2,682 in 1990. The population was 2,274 in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Wooster, "PINEHURST, TX (ORANGE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hgp05), accessed November 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.