RICHWOOD, TEXAS. Richwood, also known as Richwood Village, is north of Lake Jackson and just west of State Highway 288 in southeast Brazoria County. Some time after 1944 the community was one of several incorporated towns and communities drawn into the Brazosport industrial and port area. The incorporated suburban community had a population of 649 in 1966, and by 1974 maps showed five churches in the area. In 1988 Richwood reached a population high of 3,057 but had no businesses. In 1990 the population was 2,732. The population was 3,012 in 2000.
James A. Creighton, A Narrative History of Brazoria County (Angleton, Texas: Brazoria County Historical Commission, 1975).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "RICHWOOD, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hgr04), accessed December 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.