BROOKSIDE VILLAGE, TX
BROOKSIDE VILLAGE, TEXAS. Brookside Village, an incorporated residential community on Clear Creek twenty-six miles north of Angleton in extreme north central Brazoria County, is just south of the Houston city limits and the Harris county line. The community was at one time served by the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway. The 1936 county highway map showed only scattered dwellings at the townsite, but the community incorporated in 1959 and by 1961 its population numbered 560. In 1982 Brookside Village had two churches and a school, and South Park Cemetery lay a mile to its east. The community's population reached a new high of 1,671 in the early 1980s and declined to 1,538 by 1988. In the early 1990s Brookside Village's population was reported as 1,535. In 2000 the population was 1,960.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "BROOKSIDE VILLAGE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hjb18), accessed March 10, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.