CORINTH, TX (DENTON COUNTY)
CORINTH, TEXAS (Denton County). Corinth is six miles southeast of Denton in Denton County. It celebrated its 100th anniversary in 1980. The community was named by the Dallas and Wichita Railway, which built tracks through the townsite in 1880. Corinth had a population of 461 in 1970, 1,264 in 1980, 3,944 in 1990, and 11,325 in 2000. The town's growth was a result of the economic development that occurred in the 1970s along Interstate Highway 35 between Dallas and Denton. Although Corinth in the 1980s continued to be the home of a few independent farmers, most of its residents commuted to Lewisville, Denton, or Dallas for employment.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "CORINTH, TX (DENTON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hjc18), accessed December 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.