AIRPORT CITY, TX
AIRPORT CITY, TEXAS. Airport City was a small community located on Farm Road 78 near its junction with Loop 1604 within a mile of Universal City and about fifteen miles northeast of downtown San Antonio in northeastern Bexar County. This community, adjacent to Randolph Air Force Base, probably began around the time of the base's dedication in 1930. County highway maps in 1936 showed a number of houses in the area, and a 1954 map also marked businesses. In the mid-1960s Airport City had a population of 106—a number that stayed constant through the end of the century. By the 1990s, however, the community was no longer shown on maps and had been absorbed by the cities of Converse and Universal City.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "AIRPORT CITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hla41), accessed October 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.