BIGGERS, TEXAS. Biggers was five miles east of the site of present McKinney in central Collin County. Settlement occurred sometime in the early 1890s, after the construction of the Biggers-Allen Mill in the late 1880s. By 1899 a general store and post office operated at the site with Wade Biggers as postmaster. The population of the settlement never exceeded twenty-five, however, and the post office closed in 1903. The community continued to exist until sometime in the early 1950s.
Roy Franklin Hall and Helen Gibbard Hall, Collin County: Pioneering in North Texas (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1975).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "BIGGERS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlb30), accessed December 05, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.