CHAPMAN RANCH, TX
CHAPMAN RANCH, TEXAS. Chapman Ranch is on Farm Road 70 seven miles south of Corpus Christi in southeastern Nueces County. It is named for a family that purchased 34,000 acres of the King Ranch in 1919. A post office was established in 1926 with Charles C. Simpson as postmaster. A school in town was named Santa Cruz, the original name of the King Ranch water well at the site. High School students from Chapman Ranch now attend Corpus Christi schools. Chapman Ranch had a population of twenty-five in 1933 and 100 from 1945 through 2000.
Nueces County Historical Society, History of Nueces County (Austin: Jenkins, 1972).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Karen S. Parrish, "CHAPMAN RANCH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlc22), accessed November 26, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.