DANCIGER, TEXAS. Danciger is on Farm Road 1301 near Dance Bayou and the Matagorda county line in extreme west central Brazoria County. The town was established in 1933 when the Danciger Oil and Refining Company opened the Pledger Dome gas field. The community had a post office by 1934 and reported a population of 150 and two businesses in 1939. Its residents numbered 314 from 1974 to 1990. In 1978 Danciger reported two businesses, and in the early 1990s, four. In 2000 the population was 357 with two businesses.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "DANCIGER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hld06), accessed January 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.