ENOCHS, TEXAS. Enochs is at the junction of State Highway 214 and Farm Road 54, three miles from the Cochran county line in southern Bailey County. It developed as a trading center beginning in the 1920s and reached a peak reported population of 250 in 1940, when it had five stores. In 1980 and 1990 its population was estimated at 164, and the town had several businesses and a post office. In 2000 the population was eighty with three businesses.
LaVonne McKillip, ed., Early Bailey County History (Muleshoe, Texas, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."ENOCHS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hle23), accessed April 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.