INADALE, TEXAS. Inadale, on U.S. Highway 84 in southeastern Scurry County, began in 1922 when W. C. Cleckler built a store on the tracks of the Roscoe, Snyder and Pacific Railway. Mit Cranfil bought a gin and moved it near the store. They named the town for Ina Wooten, the daughter of one of the owners of the railroad. A post office was granted and stores and churches built, and in 1929 the Hermleigh Herald reported that the Western Produce Company was going to open a produce house there. Inadale had a population of sixty by 1930 and 150 by 1947. In 1980 it had 100 residents, and the post office and most of the businesses were gone. The population was reported as eight in 1990, and that figure remained unchanged in 2000.
"The Hermleigh Herald, June 27, 1929," in 77 Years as Recorded in Scurry County Newspapers, 1895–1972 (Snyder?, Texas, 1974?). Hooper Shelton, comp., From Buffalo...to Oil: History of Scurry County, Texas (Snyder?, Texas: Feather, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Noel Wiggins, "INADALE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hli02), accessed December 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.