MOORE STATION, TX
MOORE STATION, TEXAS. Moore Station is on Farm Road 314 a mile south and three miles west of Lake Palestine, some eighteen miles east of Athens in southeastern Henderson County. Anderson and Lucinda Moore, for whom the town is believed to have been named, were a pioneer family in the area; according to one source, they were former slaves. In 1876 they donated a plot of land for a Methodist church and for a school. The church and school made up the original Moore Station. In the 1930s and 1940s a church, several homes, and three businesses were reported there. The population was reported as twenty in 1930 and 1940. It was estimated at 268 in 1980, 355 in 1982, and 256 in 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Amy M. Reif, "MOORE STATION, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlm84), accessed January 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.