PAWELEKVILLE, TEXAS. Pawelekville is on an unnumbered road east of State Highway 123 in northern Karnes County. It was named after the Pawelek family of that area. Before 1947 it was called Carvajal Crossing because of its proximity to that ford on nearby Cibolo Creek. In 1990 the community had a small cluster of homes around several businesses to serve the agricultural community. The first population figures were available in 1964–65, when seventy-five residents were listed. From 1970 to 2000 the population was estimated as 105.
Robert H. Thonhoff, "The First Ranch of Texas," West Texas Historical Association Year Book 40 (1964).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert H. Thonhoff, "PAWELEKVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlp11), accessed December 12, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.