PERRIN, TEXAS. Perrin is on U.S. Highway 281 fifteen miles from Jacksboro in south central Jack County. It was established around 1870 and named in honor of L. W. Perrin, an early setter, whose son Louis provided the land on which the community was built. Perrin is surrounded by the open prairie of the Keechi Valley, treeless except for a few mesquites. It acquired a post office in 1931. The population has varied from a high of 600 in 1928 to a low of 220 in 1933 but generally has remained stable at 300 to 350. In 1990 Perrin had 300 residents and five businesses. The population remained unchanged in 2000.
Ida Lasater Huckabay, Ninety-Four Years in Jack County (Austin: Steck, 1949; centennial ed., Waco: Texian Press, 1974).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "PERRIN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlp20), accessed June 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.