WARREN CITY, TX
WARREN CITY, TEXAS. Warren City, on Farm Road 2275 in northwestern Gregg and southeastern Upshur counties, was founded and incorporated in 1952. It was named for the Warren Petroleum Corporation, which manufactures natural gas and is the town's main industry. The reported population was 167 in 1960 and 150 in 1970. Utilities are from neighboring Gladewater, except for the city-owned water system. In 1990 Warren City had a population of 250. The population reached 343 in 2000.
Eugene W. McWhorter, Traditions of the Land: The History of Gregg County (Longview, Texas: Gregg County Historical Foundation, 1989).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."WARREN CITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hlw07), accessed November 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.