ALLEN'S CHAPEL, TX
ALLEN'S CHAPEL, TEXAS. Allen's Chapel, on Farm Road 1396 thirteen miles northeast of Bonham in eastern Fannin County, is an offshoot of nearby Allen's Point. It served area farmers as a school and church community. In the 1950s the school district was consolidated with that of Honey Grove. The population of Allen's Chapel was forty-one in 2000.
Fannin County Folks and Facts (Dallas: Taylor, 1977). Floy Crandall Hodge, A History of Fannin County (Hereford, Texas: Pioneer, 1966).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.David Minor, "ALLEN'S CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hna23), accessed March 09, 2014. Uploaded on June 9, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.