BEHRENVILLE, TEXAS. Behrenville (or Behrnville) is eleven miles northeast of Georgetown in northern Williamson County. It was named after H. T. Behrens, an early settler. German, Austrian, Moravian, Bohemian, and Silesian immigrants settled in the Behrenville area in the 1880s and 1890s. The locality had its own post office from 1901 to 1906 and is closely associated with the nearby community of Theon. Behrenville had an estimated population of thirty-five from 1933 to 1946. From 1947 to 1965 the population was estimated at sixty. From 1966 to 1990 the population estimate remained steady at thirty. In 2000 the community was not shown on maps, and no population estimates were available.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Tim Davis, "BEHRENVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnb20), accessed July 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.