BRAZOS, TEXAS. Brazos, on Farm Road 129 and the Missouri Pacific Railroad in southeastern Palo Pinto County, was established when the Texas and Pacific Railway reached the area in 1880. The community was named for the Brazos River, which the railroad crossed at its site. The town had a population of 113 and four stores by 1940. Its population was reported as forty-seven in 1980 and 1990, but rose to ninety-seven by 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."BRAZOS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnb74), accessed December 10, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.