BUNGER, TEXAS. Bunger, on Farm Road 1287 eight miles south of Graham in southeastern Young County, was originally settled in 1872 by W. T. and Sam Bunger. A post office was established there in 1909, closed in 1920, reopened in 1921, and closed again in 1955. In 1940 Bunger comprised twenty-five residents and one store. From 1974 to 1990 its population was estimated at twenty-six. In 2000 the population was forty.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.William R. Hunt, "BUNGER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnbaa), accessed September 19, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.