BROYLES CHAPEL, TX
BROYLES CHAPEL, TEXAS. Broyles Chapel is a rural community located on Farm Road 320 about four miles west of Palestine in west central Anderson County. The town may have begun sometime in the 1800s and was probably named for members of the Broyles family, early settlers in Anderson County who operated sawmills and planing mills in the area. Broyles Chapel had a population of forty in 2000, and the settlement consisted of churches and a community center. Broyles Chapel Cemetery contained marked graves that date back as early as 1902.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "BROYLES CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hnbam), accessed September 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.